Disabled Access for Luxury Apartments Westward Ho!
Surf Bay Holiday Park
Surf Bay Holiday Park is a relatively flat park that offers apartment holiday homes with most having spectacular views of the Country Park. Surf Bay has it's own private access to the Country Park and Westward Ho! Beach which is only a five minute walk away across the grassland. The Country Park and beach can also be reached within minutes on foot or by car by exiting the park and following the road. There is a bus service just 100 yards away from the park that runs every half an hour.
Beachside Holiday Park
Beachside Holiday Park is a gradually sloping park that boasts superb views of the Atlantic and beyond and private access to the beach promenade. Our apartments are situated at the bottom of the park near Reception on level ground. The nearest bus stop is half a mile away and runs every half hour.
- All our apartments have wider doors to allow for easier access.
- The colour schemes that run throughout the apartments and all of our buildings have been decorated to ensure that you can easily differentiate between floors, walls and doorways. All public buildings and areas on the park are clearly signposted.
- All rooms within our apartments are on one level.
- Our ground floor apartments are accessible via a small step/threshold. Our first floor apartments are accessed by two flights of steps. For confirmation on the number of steps, please contact the park.
- There is a 5mph speed limit throughout both of our parks. Speed bumps are in place and are clearly marked, the speed bumps are small and a wheelchair can be pushed over them.
- We are happy to accept delivery of wheelchairs to the park on your behalf. These and other items can be hired from The Red Cross with a small refundable deposit, call 0845 3313331.
- There is a car park/parking bays next to Reception. Reception can be used as a drop off point.
- Details of taxi's are available in your Welcome Packs which can be found in your accommodation.
- Our Launderette, Reception and Information Room are open from 8.30am-5pm. They are all on ground level and are very close to each other. Each of these has it's own entrance with a small threshold or step.
- When Reception is closed there is an emergency number available on the main door.
- Mobile phone coverage is good at both parks for EE, Vodafone and O2.
- Takeaways & restaurants can be found in the village which is just a few minutes walk away.
- Parking is available outside of the village shops and there are also three good sized car parks available to the public.
- Assistance dogs are welcome on the park but need to be kept on a lead and exercised off of the park.
- All of our managerial staff have attended a Welcome Line Course in accessibility awareness and will be happy to help you.